About Lealans Garden Centre
Lealans Garden Centre started on its present site just before the Second World War, when the present directors grandfather Frederick William Lealan bought the land the garden centre now stands on in 1935.
Along with his son James, and daughter Elizabeth, they moved from Darlaston where Frederick William had a greengrocers shop. They grew vegetables during the war years, gradually moving over to tomatoes, cut chrysanthemums, bedding plants and ornamentals.
For many years they stood on Wolverhampton’s outdoor market, before concentrating on the garden centre in the 1970’s.
The present directors are James’ son Peter and daughter Ann. James’ widow Phyllis no longer takes an active role in the business. Sadly Elizabeth passed away in April 2010.
The garden centre has been greatly improved over the last few years with the outdoor shrub area being completely rebuilt during the late 1990s. It now holds an extensive range of shrubs, climbing plants, conifers, roses and trees.
In 2004 the existing gateways were closed and a new purpose built entrance and driveway were opened, greatly improving the access.
The indoor pot plant area was revamped during the early part of this 2007, with new floor and tables being put in.
The range of goods available for customers to purchase has been greatly increased over the last few years and now includes garden furniture, barbecues, giftware and Christmas items, but of course the main focus is still on plants. We pride ourselves on our knowledge of plants and friendly helpful staff.